By Dimitrios A. Linos, Jon A. van Heerden
- Over 2 hundred beautiful illustrations, starting from intraoperative pictures, line drawings, diagnostic pictures, pathology slides, tables and graphs can be found to make every one case mentioned understandable and simple to follow.
- conventional and novel healing options are introducedand the newest advancements in minimal-access operative recommendations are mentioned and reviewed.
- makes a speciality of a teamwork orientated strategy that identifies the mandatory communications among the numerous clinical disciplines whilst facing adrenal issues.
Read or Download Adrenal Glands Diagnostic Aspects and Surgical Therapy PDF
Best urology books
- Over 2 hundred beautiful illustrations, starting from intraoperative photos, line drawings, diagnostic photographs, pathology slides, tables and graphs can be found to make every one case mentioned understandable and straightforward to follow.
- conventional and novel healing thoughts are introducedand the most recent advancements in minimal-access operative recommendations are mentioned and reviewed.
- specializes in a teamwork orientated technique that identifies the required communications among the various scientific disciplines whilst facing adrenal issues.
Endovascular methods have an important impression upon smooth sufferer care. This publication summarizes coated stent-graft functions within the experimental and scientific settings. first-class illustrations rfile the intense and persistent habit of stent-grafts in the vascular process together with diagnostic imaging, histologic work-up and schematic drawings.
This e-book describes intimately all points of pediatric uroradiology. whereas the booklet is written essentially from the perspective of the radiologist, it contains a lot vital info for the pediatrician, pediatric general practitioner, and urologist. it's particularly designed to help the clinician in judgements on imaging administration.
This publication is designed as a reference and dealing consultant for practitioners who care for sufferers with neoplastic ailments of the urinary tract and male genitalia, together with tumors of the kidney, ureter and urinary bladder, prostate, testis, adrenal gland, and retroperitoneum. every one bankruptcy describes and illustrates key imaging findings appropriate to the characterization, differential prognosis, and staging of lesions.
- Management of Gender Dysphoria: A Multidisciplinary Approach
- ABC of sexually transmitted infections
- Pediatric urology : surgical complications and management
- A Handbook of Clinical Genetics
- Color Doppler US of the Penis
Additional info for Adrenal Glands Diagnostic Aspects and Surgical Therapy
In addition, neurotransmitters from parallel neuronal systems, like serotonin, acetylcholine,catecholamines (a1-receptors) and neuropeptide Y, stimulate CRH secretion [18, 44], whereas the GABA/benzodiazepine system and endogenous opioids exert inhibitory effects [17, 82]. It is obvious that CRH secretion is tightly interweaved in the neurocircuitry of stress, which utilizes a complex network of interacting pathways in order to initiate and orchestrate an effective response to stressors. In the hormonal cascade of the HPA axis activation, CRH exerts its effect on pituitary ACTH secretion via high-affinity transmembrane CRH receptors on the corticotrophs that couple to guanine nucleotidebinding proteins and stimulate the release of ACTH by a cAMP-dependent mechanism .
Vale W, Vaughan J, Smith M, et al (1983) Effects of synthetic ovine corticotropin-releasing factor, glucocorticoid, catecholamines, neuro-hypophyseal peptides, and other substances on cultured corticotropic cells. Endocrinology 113:1121–1131 125. Valentino RJ, Foote SL, Aston-Jones G (1983) Corticotropin-releasing hormone activates noradrenergic neurons of the locus ceruleus. Brain Res 270:363–367 126. Vamvakopoulos NC, Chrousos GP (1993) Evidence of direct estrogen regulation of human corticotropin releasing hormone gene expression: Potential implica- 127.
Brain Res 270:363–367 126. Vamvakopoulos NC, Chrousos GP (1993) Evidence of direct estrogen regulation of human corticotropin releasing hormone gene expression: Potential implica- 127. 128. 129. 130. 131. 132. 133. tions for the sexual dimorphism of the stress response and immune/inflammatory reaction. J Clin Invest 92: 1896–1902 Vanderpool J, Rosenthal N, Chrousos GP, et al (1991) Abnormal pituitary-adrenal responses to corticotropinreleasing hormone in patients with seasonal affective disorder: Clinical and pathophysiological implications.