By Joseph C. Liao, Li-Ming Su
This e-book offers an summary of the present state-of-art in combining advances in biomedical imaging with intraoperative navigation and preoperative making plans for urologic surgical procedure. those advances carry nice promise in enhancing diagnostic and healing urologic interventions to enhance sufferer results. prime specialists during this interesting rising box covers early medical and pre-clinical purposes of optical, ultrasound, cross-sectional and computer-assisted imaging in urologic surgery.
Advances in Image-Guided Urologic Surgery offers a different and priceless source for viewers with medical and learn curiosity in minimally invasive surgical procedure, endourology, urologic oncology, imaging and biomedical engineering.
Read or Download Advances in Image-Guided Urologic Surgery PDF
Best urology books
- Over two hundred beautiful illustrations, starting from intraoperative pictures, line drawings, diagnostic pictures, pathology slides, tables and graphs can be found to make every one case mentioned understandable and simple to follow.
- conventional and novel healing strategies are introducedand the most recent advancements in minimal-access operative concepts are mentioned and reviewed.
- specializes in a teamwork orientated process that identifies the mandatory communications among the various scientific disciplines while facing adrenal problems.
Endovascular tactics have a massive effect upon smooth sufferer care. This publication summarizes lined stent-graft functions within the experimental and medical settings. first-class illustrations rfile the intense and protracted habit of stent-grafts in the vascular approach together with diagnostic imaging, histologic work-up and schematic drawings.
This booklet describes intimately all features of pediatric uroradiology. whereas the ebook is written basically from the viewpoint of the radiologist, it contains a lot very important info for the pediatrician, pediatric healthcare professional, and urologist. it really is in particular designed to assist the clinician in judgements on imaging administration.
This ebook is designed as a reference and dealing consultant for practitioners who care for sufferers with neoplastic illnesses of the urinary tract and male genitalia, together with tumors of the kidney, ureter and urinary bladder, prostate, testis, adrenal gland, and retroperitoneum. every one bankruptcy describes and illustrates key imaging findings correct to the characterization, differential prognosis, and staging of lesions.
- Urologic Laparoscopy
- Management of Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy (Current Clinical Urology)
- Urinary Continence and Sexual Function After Robotic Radical Prostatectomy
- Congenital Anomalies of the Penis
- Urolithiasis: A Comprehensive History
- Metabolic Control
Additional info for Advances in Image-Guided Urologic Surgery
28. Gladkova N, Kiseleva E, Streltsova O, Prodanets N, Snopova L, Karabut M, Gubarkova E, Zagaynova E. Combined use of fluorescence cystoscopy and cross-polarization OCT for diagnosis of bladder cancer and correlation with immunohistochemical markers. J Biophotonics. 2013;6(9):687–98. 29. Liu JJ, Droller MJ, Liao JC. New optical imaging technologies for bladder cancer: considerations and perspectives. J Urol. 2012;188:361–8. 30. Bus MT, Muller BG, de Bruin DM, Faber DJ, Kamphuis GM, van Leeuwen TG, de Reijke TM, de la Rosette JJ.
At onset of the hyperplasia, the urothelial thickness ranged from less than 60–70 to 600 μm or higher. Flow and Diffusion Similar as in ultrasound (US) imaging, blood flow profiles can be extracted based on either Doppler analysis or speckle correlation of the OCT signal. J. Bus et al. 30 enables the visualisation of small capillaries and arterioles . Application of superficial blood flow detection in bladder cancer lesions has been demonstrated in a pilot study by Liu et al. showing the potential application of this technology to study bladder cancer lesion-related blood flow properties which could contribute in understanding angiogenesis .
A) Normal bladder lining which is characterised by high contrast and a stratified structure. The urothelial (U) layer is visible as an upper dark layer, while the second bright layer is the lamina propria (LP). Blood vessels (BV) are visible as dark structures in the lamina propria. (b) Carcinoma in situ (CIS) is recognised by its low contrast compared to normal-appearing OCT bladder images. The urothelial and lamina propria layer appears to be more bright. The horizontal structures of the anatomical layers are still recognisable.